Mega Drive Mini 2 will come with more than 50 pre-installed Mega Drive and Mega CD games.
As reported by Video Games Chronicle, the console was announced during a Japanese live stream and is expected to be released on October 27 in Japan, though an international release hasn’t been confirmed as of yet.
The original Sega Mega Drive Mini was launched in 2019 with 42 games, including some that never properly arrived in the west, and it appears its sequel will also grant access to some previously difficult to get games.
Every Game Confirmed for the Sega Mega Drive Mini 2
- Silpheed (Mega CD)
- Shining Force CD (Mega CD)
- Sonic CD (Mega CD)
- Mansion of Hidden Souls (Mega CD)
- Popful Mail (Mega CD)
- Virtua Racing (Mega Drive)
- Bonanza Bros (Mega Drive)
- Shining in the Darkness (Mega Drive)
- Thunder Force IV (Mega Drive)
- Magical Taruruto (Mega Drive)
- Fantasy Zone (Mega Drive port)
It released during a craze of retro consoles being released such as “Classic” editions of Nintendo’s NES and the original PlayStation, however the Sega Mega Drive Mini was the best one to be made so far.